Astrology is an ancient science of the influence that celestial bodies have on our lives. Studying it is an amazing journey of self-discovery that has been kept alive for thousands of years. Through astrology we can gain a deeper understanding of our potentials in this life and how we can use them.
The study of astrology also informs the direction of our life path: the task that we have to accomplish in this life as well as the broader picture that shows the journey of our soul through successive incarnations.
This 10 classes course will cover basic knowledge about astrology. We will learn what natal chart is and how to read it, how to understand the signs of the zodiac, the planets, elements, houses of the horoscope as well as aspects and transits of the planets.
We will study a different aspect of the astrological landscape each class and participants will be given exercises to develop a deeper understanding of each subject.
Please bring your own notebook. The course will be led by members of the Golden Drum.
Time: Every Monday, 7pm to 8.30pm
Course starts November 14th
Price: $20 for each class or
$150 for the whole course.
1. What is astrology? Short history of the oldest sience. What is an astrological chart? An introduction to the basic parts of the horoscope – axises, zodiac signs, planets, houses, aspects, elements. How to interpret an astrological chart?
2. Zodiac signs and their rulers: fire element signs.
3. Zodiac signs and their rulers: earth element signs.
4. Zodiac signs and their rulers: air element signs.
5. Zodiac signs and their rulers: water element signs.
6. First steps in reading the horoscope: lights, ascendant (rising), planets on axises, dominating and non-dominating planets in the natal chart.
7. Personal and social planets- what is their role in the natal chart?
8. Generation (trans-personal) planets- what is their role in the natal chart?
9. Houses in horoscope- the areas of manifestation.
10. Understanding the connections: planetary aspects. How to interpret them?