This workshop is focused on enhancing your guitar technique and learning to sing and play a variety of Spanish and Latin folk songs, exploring the dance between the voice and the guitar. This workshop is for those who wish to improve their technique on the instrument and learn Latin American folk rhythms and songs.
What we will be doing:
- Extending the harmonic field of the guitar by learning new chord voicings.
- Right-hand exercises to improve finger picking, in order to gain precision, strength, and volume, also left handhammer ons, pull offs, etc.
- Creating beauty of sound, which will make you enjoy your practice.
- Learning Latin American songs and applying these new techniques to them.
- Sueño con Serpientes (Silvio Rodriguez, songwriter from Cuba)
- Al Cautiverio and Danza de los Niños (Luzmila Carpio, songwriter fom Bolivia)
- Gracias a la Vida (Violeta Parra, songwriter from Chile)
- Nanak (Rosalia Mowgli)
Cost: $25. Click HERE to regsier
Rosalia Mowgli is a musician born in Spain whose music education has been a mixture of many different cultural inputs. Her work of the past 25 years has focused on performing recitals, teaching guitar and giving workshops.