Origins of Thai massage
Most current literature dates the beginning of Thai massage back to Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha, physician to one of the Buddhas. As Thai massage became more popular, it traveled to Thailand and became influenced by traditional Chinese medicine. Monks have shared Thai massage for centuries with each other, elders and the community as a healing modality.
The experience of receiving: Incorporating the energies of Ha-Tha, sun and moon, Thai massage is simultaneously energizing and relaxing. The practitioner guides the client through a series of yoga postures on the floor, while palming the body’s sen (energy) lines and pressure points. Palming, muscle compression, joint integration, shaking, stretching, energy work and guided breath is used inside of each session. Together, these actions culminate in a comprehensive treatment that harmonizes mind, body and heart, relieves muscle tension, improves circulation, lifts the immune system and balances the energetic body.
What is Shamanic about the training: We learn to work with the four elements and seven directions for our own practice and within the healing space. We practice deep listening to the energy that is unfolding and learn tools of how to work with releasing stuck energy. We learn to connect to the intuition and allow it to guide the way. No woo woo stuff. This is straightforward.
What you will receive:
- 90 min Thai massage sequence
- understanding of body mechanics
- prompts to creatively approach each situation with new eyes
- techniques to use hands, thumbs, elbows, knees and feet
- how to heal self and client through the practice
- deeper awareness of thoughts, actions and how they create your world
- refining your thoughts, touch and vibration inside the healing space for protection
- introduction to shamanic healing practices
- business of thai massage
- all you need to give a great Thai bodywork session
- 40% of the training is receiving/ 40% is giving / 20% demonstration, and philosophy
Register at email@example.com
Early Bird (Before September 20): $450
October 15-16 - Taoist Center for Elemental Arts Tribeca
October 22-23 - Golden Drum, Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Alyona is an international yoga teacher, teach- er trainer and thai massage trainer. She has been practicing mas- sage from a very young age and thai for the past 8 years. In train- ing thaibodywork, Alyona aims to help her students find the healer within while staying close to thai’s ancient lineage as it was past to her. For a more in depth bio, please viewbreathwithalyona.blogspot.com Alyona looks forward to helping you uncover your natural connection to each other through sacred touch.