This workshop is for those who would like to add practices to enhance their recovery or move beyond their struggle with cravings whether it be food, sex, substances, and more. We will use the power of intention, prayer, meditation, guided imagery, and energy psychology. Please come with your intentions for a deeply transformative process!
Our addictions or attachments, albeit substances, television, food, sex, computer video games, attention from others, or any compulsive behavior interferes with our inner wish to live life fully and joyfully. You can even be addicted to drama, anger, and negative self-perceptions; Ie. “I don’t deserve….” because of earlier childhood messages. The physical addictions often go hand in hand with the emotional ones.
We will explore, with a deeply experiential guided imagery, important components to eliminating addictive behavior:
- Understanding with compassion your addictive impulse, including the roots of it.
- Inspiring a greater sense of purpose in life that fulfills your higher need— beyond the biological and psychological needs that have been overemphasized in your life.
- Opening the heart to the inner love and joy that inspires that purpose, our inner intuition and inner knowing about how to live your life to your fullest potential, becoming who you are.
- Connecting our hearts and sense of love and purpose to that higher power, we often refer to as God, Spirit, or the great mysterious cosmic Oneness.
- Acting on our inspirations, practicing though prayer, intention, and meditation, to keep creating more beauty in our lives and lessening illusions that create suffering, step by step.
- Seeing even the gift of the energy that existed in the addiction, now transforming and redirecting it to your higher purpose.
With a masters in clinical social work and 27 years of experience, Debra provides spiritual life coaching services for adults, couples, families, adolescents, and children individually and in groups in Connecticut. She now brings her services to New York City. She integrates approaches from her training in ancient shamanic practices, inner childwork, Family Constellations, conscious communication, Reikki, guided imagery, and energy psychology. She has helped hundreds of people move beyond emotional challenges including depression, anxiety, and relationship difficulties. She empowers people to become joyfully inspired to find and fulfill their higher spiritual life's purpose or mission.